There are two things that are on a lot of minds during this time of year. The first is “why is it so hot??” and the second is “how can I save some money on my kids’ school supplies this year?” Well, we can help with the latter! Here are a few tips on saving some money while filling up your shopping cart.
- Set priorities and stand your ground. Focus on need over want. A backpack with a cartoon or celebrity’s face on it is going to cost more than a solid or patterned one. Does your child really need another Hannah Montana collectable?
- Go through what you have carefully. Throw out pens and highlighters that no longer work. But, if a notebook or binder is only half-full from last year, take out the used portion and use what is remaining until it’s finished. You’d be surprised how much those little notebooks add up to! Not to mention, all of the trees you’ll be saving by not wasting the paper. It’s win/win!
- If you have supplies left over from last year that will last a little while, wait until AFTER school starts when the items that weren’t purchased may be marked down or on clearance. I wouldn’t recommend this one, however, on the more important and harder-to-find items, because they may be sold out by the time you get to the store.
- Make sure the store you choose has everything on your list. Don’t waste gas driving to 4 different stores just to pick up some school supplies. Go to your neighborhood superstore (like Target or Wal-Mart), where you know they’ll have it all, and at low prices.
- Check your social networks for discounts. More and more retailers have been turning to Facebook to promote their sales and discounts. Some offer coupons just for liking the page, and others do things like ask their fans to upload a photo of themselves wearing the company’s brand. Either way, it’s an easy way to save some money, so why not?
These days, it’s hard to miss the nonstop commercials for Office Max, Target, Wal-Mart and Payless (among countless others), promoting their back to school special offers on school supplies, back packs, school uniforms and other outfits. But who says these back to school savings are just for the kids? This year, ChefUniforms.com is getting in on the fun, and giving the grown-ups a chance to save a little!
Simply go to our Facebook fan page at www.Facebook.com/ChefUniformscom and “like” our page to receive an exclusive source code for 20% off your entire order! If you already “Like” us on Facebook, just simply visit our fan page and click on the “Get your 20% off Source Code!” link on the left Hand Side. And don’t forget to follow us on Twitter at www.Twitter.com/UAChefUniforms for even more savings!