Some people love to shop, others not so much. There are those people who like to browse, compare options and pick based on what catches their eye. If you are anything like us however, you come with a vision, you know what you want and where to find it and your goal is to be in and out in record time. That becomes difficult if you can’t navigate your way around a website or you are unsure what the best choice for you is. The ChefUniforms.com website was set up to be quite simple in order to help our customers get the best shopping experience possible. Here are some tips on how to filter selections to help choose the perfect coat, whether you are buying for yourself or for your entire staff.
Most people will enter the site and just click on the coat tab and have the option of viewing all available coats. Simple right? Except now you may be looking through hundred of things you are not interested in and this can become very time consuming. If you want something specific, the best way to filter through all the things you don’t need is to hover over the coat tab instead of clicking on it. By doing this, you have the option to filter your selections by Style, Fit, Look, Gender, Fabric, Sleeve Length and even Type of Buttons (see below).
- Shopping by style is much easier with our drop down menu. Under style you can shop for specific characteristics of the coat. For example, you can search for coats that have mesh, or color block. If you want to only see printed coats, you can do that too with only a couple of clicks.
- Choosing the right fit is simpler than you thought. If you are searching by fit on our site you will find that there are 2 types of fit, Tailored and Basic. The Tailored fit is a slimmer, contoured fit. This type of fit is engineered to fit closer to the body and embrace its curves. If you prefer a looser fit with some extra room, then the Basic fit is perfect for you. The Basic fit is a roomier fit, which allows for a more casual look.
- If you like a specific fabric, you can always search by available fabrics. As part of the menu drop down, you can see all our Poly/Cotton Twill coats or all our Egyptian cotton coats in one place. This way you never have to click on multiple styles to find out what fabric it’s made from.
- Want to only see coats that apply to you? You also have the option of searching by gender. This allows you to look at all available male or female items at once.
- Have a particular sleeve length favorite? Now you can also filter by your preferred sleeve length.
- Pick your closure.If you prefer snaps to buttons or fabric covered to plastic, we can help with that too. The drop down lets you filter our products so you are viewing only the items that have the type of closure you are looking for.
- Last but not least, you can always use our QUICK LINKS to search our new arrivals, on sale and Plus Size styles. The quick links also allow you to look at our Uncommon Threads selection.
What’s your fit? Basic vs. Tailored
The idea of the Basic fit is that it is roomier and boxier. If you like to have some extra room in your coat then the Basic fit is right for you. However, if you prefer a more fitted, shape-driven fit, then you want to choose the Tailored fit.
Pick your look- Traditional vs. Modern
Now that you know which fit is best for you, pick your look. Picking a look can be quite simple if you know what you like. You can keep it simple with our wide selection of traditional double-breasted solid color coats. Or you can spice it up a bit and choose a more modern look like an asymmetrical, printed or color block coat.
What’s the best fit for your kitchen?
Whether you are buying for yourself or your entire staff, sometimes the type of kitchen or establishment you work in has a big influence in your choice of styles you buy. For example if you work in an exceptionally hot kitchen, the best styles for you may be our lightweight styles. There are several lightweight and mesh combination styles that provide better breathability and comfort in higher temperatures. Mesh panels offer the ability to keep you cooler and dryer through the day.
For higher-end restaurants, you can’t go wrong with our Egyptian Cotton selection. This is a luxurious selection and is available in modern and traditional styles.
If you are looking for the best in front of the house styles, then consider our Versa shirt. We offer a selection of front of the house styles on our ChefUniforms.com website. In addition there are also plenty of options to choose from on our Uniform Difference site, which you can find a link to at the top right corner of the ChefUniforms.com site, or simple go to www.uniformdifference.com.
When it comes to running a business, faces will come and go. If you know you have a high turnover, or simply want to make sure you can keep the same look for an extended period, consider buying our classic styles. Classic styles are available through the end of 2016. This guarantees that the styles you purchase today will be available to you for at least 1 more year. This is the simplest and easiest way to keep your staff looking consistent.
These are just some tips to keep in mind when you offer us the pleasure of your business. Styles on our website, as well as our catalog, have signs that can help you quickly identify between lightweight, Egyptian cotton, stretch styles, classic styles or mesh styles. So remember when in doubt…follow the signs.
Put Us to Work! We will be delighted to find out more about your company and how you envision outfitting your team! If you would like one of our Account Reps to contact you, please visit our Group Order Form.
Do you have any suggestions to improve your shopping experience on our website?