Make 1 pie for 8 slice servings
For the Pie:
3 large eggs
1 Cup Dark Brown Sugar – packed
1 Cup Light Corn Syrup
3 tablespoons Southern Comfort – 3 ounces
2 tablespoons Real Butter
1 tablespoon Heavy Whipping Cream – optional
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1 tablespoon All-Purpose Flour
1 teaspoon/a pinch of Salt – Kosher or any Table Salt
1 – 1 1/2 Cups Pecan Halves – Ruff Chopped
3/4 Cup Chocolate Chips – Semi-sweet baking chips/half way melted
1 Pre-Made Pie Shell – to fit a 9″ deep dish pie plate
For the Drizzle:
1 teaspoon Southern Comfort – optional
8 ounces White Chocolate – melted
1 tablespoon Cream – for the right consistency
1 teaspoon Dark Brown Sugar
Directions for the Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie
- Roll pre-made pie shell to fit a 9-in. deep-dish pie plate.
- Transfer pastry to pie plate; trim to 1/2 inch, beyond edge of plate and flute edges.
- Par- bake the pie shells for 10 minutes on 325 degrees then remove from oven and cool.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, brown sugar, corn syrups, bourbon, butter and salt until blended.
- Fold in 1 cup pecans and 1/2 cup chocolate chips.
- Pour filling into crust; sprinkle with remaining pecans and chocolate chips.
- Bake at 325° for about 1 hour & 15 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is puffed and set.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Allow the pie to rest for at least 2 hours before cutting.
- This is a great make a day ahead pie!
Directions for the White Chocolate Ganache
- In a double broiler, add the cream and Southern Comfort and allow cooking for about 2 minutes on a steady medium high heat.
- Add the chocolate chips in a few at a time to allow them to melt nicely with the cream and whiskey.
- Cook until all chocolate is melted and you have a smooth consistency in your sauce.
- Note if the sauce is to light, add more chips and if it’s too thick, line it out with a little cream or whiskey.
Presentation: Place a slice of pie on a small plate and top with pecans and drizzle.
Enjoy this delicious dessert!