Slip into those chef coats again! This one sounds delicious!
- 1 (1-pound) pork tenderloin, trimmed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 (8-ounce) package sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 1/3 cup chopped shallots (about 4)
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 cup beef stock (such as Swanson)
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- Cut pork diagonally into thin slices. Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper; rub with garlic. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray; add oil. Add pork; cook 1 to 2 minutes on each side or until done. Transfer pork to a platter; keep warm.
- Recoat skillet with cooking spray. Add mushrooms and shallots; cook, stirring often, 5 minutes.
- While mushroom mixture cooks, place cornstarch in a small bowl. Gradually add stock and sherry, stirring with a whisk until smooth. Stir stock mixture into mushroom mixture, scraping to loosen browned bits. Bring to a boil; cook, stirring constantly with a whisk, 1 minute or until thickened. Return pork and accumulated juices to pan; cook 1 to 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated.