A message from Chef Jimmy:
“Our Pork Butts are slow cooked for 6-Hours and smoked with locally grown Button wood for 2 additional Hours at our World Famous & Historic Blue Marlin Fish House”
- 10 Boston Butt
- 1 Oven safe container large enough to submerge the entire Butt in.
- Juice from 12 sour oranges
- 25 Cloves of Garlic (Minced)
- Quarter of a cup crushed black peppercorn.
- Quarter of a cup of sea salt
- Half of a cup fresh black oregano leaves
- Soak inside water overnight – 5 Button Wood Logs Broken to 3” Pieces
- Place the Butt Skin side up in the pan with all ingredients except wood inside the oven safe container and cover with film first and later with aluminum foil well covered.
- Set the oven to 250 degrees and put a timer for 4 hours. Cook straight through without opening.
- After timer, set the oven for 310 degrees and set another timer for 2 more hours.
- After timer, uncover the container and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes for browning.
- Set your smoker oven (preheated with soaked wood chips) when smoke starts, lower the heat to 140 degrees. Set the timer for (2-Hours) making sure to not go over temperature of 150 and constant smoke is abundant.