Have a great breakfast outside at FOODE with this mouthwatering open-face breakfast sandwich!
OPEN-FACE STEAK BREAKFAST SAMMY
- 4 New York strip steaks, thin cut, about 4-5 oz. each
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 12 large eggs
- salt and black pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs (any kind you have…parsley, cilantro, chives, thyme, etc.)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 thick-cut pieces of your favorite rustic bread or baguette
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 cups fresh baby arugula
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- good quality olive oil, for drizzling
Heat a grill, indoor grill or grill pan to medium-high. Season steaks with salt & pepper. Grill steaks until they’re cooked to medium, about 3 minutes on one side, flip and then 2 minutes on the other side. Remove from the grill and set aside. Keep grill hot.
Heat a skillet medium. Whisk together eggs, salt, pepper, and herbs in a bowl. Melt the butter in the pan. Add the eggs and stir until softly scrambled. Remove the pan from the heat.
Place the bread slices or baguette halves, cut side down, on the grill and toast until lightly golden brown, about 45 seconds. Remove and turn the bread over, placing one on each plate. Top each with 1/4 cup of cheese, top the cheese with a strip steak and then divide the eggs on top of each steak. Top each steak with a mound of the arugula, scatter on the chopped tomatoes and drizzle with a hefty dose of olive oil.