Spring is the perfect time to put all of your fresh ingredients to use. Our Chef of the Month, Megan wows us again with this fresh recipe. Not only is hummus a tasty treat, it also has a ton of health benefits. So get ready to hop into Spring with fresh food and spend less time preparing this dish and more time enjoying it with your friends.
Meyer Lemon & Rosemary Hummus
Difficulty Level: Easy
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cooking Time: 5 Minutes
- ½ cup of Tahini (you can find this in the international food section at most grocery stores)
- Juice from 2-3 Meyer Lemons (OR 1-2 regular lemons if you can’t find Meyer Lemon which is a sweeter version of a traditional lemon)
- Fresh Rosemary Sprigs (a small box is plenty)
- 1/3 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Jars of White Beans – drained and rinsed
- Sea Salt
You will need:
- Food Processor
- Place Beans, ½ the lemon juice, tahini, sea salt, and 2 rosemary sprigs (minus the stem) in the food processor along with ¼ cup of extra-virgin olive oil
- Puree and taste. For a creamier hummus, add an extra ¼ cup of olive oil and ¼ cup of tahini
- For a healthier/skinny version, cut the olive oil and tahini by half
- Place the hummus in a circular deep serving bowl. Top with olive oil, a little fresh squeezed lemon juice, and some whole fresh rosemary sprigs
- Serve with grilled chicken & veggies
- Serve as an appetizer at a cocktail party and pair with pita chips, pretzels, and fresh chopped broccoli, pepper, cucumber, carrot, etc.
- Use as a topping for a Greek salad
- Make it ahead of time and pack for a healthy snack at work/school/camp/etc.
Don’t wanna miss a thing from Chef Megan? Follow her here: